I would say that the girls were surprise to see that I was there, in that I hadn't told any of them I was coming to town. It was fun to hang out with them and see the Survivor Challenge. Where in my dad (as a bishop) got to take his turn in eating a cricket. (yeah right... him and bishop Rasmussen just seem to lose those out the side of their hands... haha) The other great part is I was there for testimony meeting to see how this girls grew and strengthened themselves and each other. I will say these young women are amazing in who they are and what they have to offer each of us.
Wednesday, July 1, 2009
More precious than RUBIES...
I got the great opportunity to go see my Young Women from our old ward (and stake) while they were at camp this year. I have truly loved girls camp over the years and all that it does to
strengthen the YW and their testimonies. This year one of my cute Laurels was called as the Youth Director for our stake. She is a sweet girl with a magnificent testimony and understanding of our true Individual worth. Miss Kaylee has worked hard this year along with all the other seniors to bring a message of love from our Heavenly Father. The girls chose for the theme of camp this year... More Precious than Rubies. I was amazed at the way these seniors loved and showed the other girls how their Heavenly Father thought that each and every one of them is worth more than all that the world has to offer. These girls are an incredible group of girls that will go forth in this world and make a difference to all around. {Kaylee Christiansen and me}
The other fortunate part of being able to go up to camp was to see my dear friend Danielle Lewis. This sweet sister has loved and touched the lives of many girls and leaders over her nine years as camp director for our stake. She is a remarkable women that loves with no boundaries these girls that she works with. She teaches them to become great women and leaders. She will be missed as camp director but will always leave her influence on what she has done for camp and the girls and leaders that have attended with her. I know that I have learned much from her and will take it with me forever.
I would say that the girls were surprise to see that I was there, in that I hadn't told any of them I was coming to town. It was fun to hang out with them and see the Survivor Challenge. Where in my dad (as a bishop) got to take his turn in eating a cricket. (yeah right... him and bishop Rasmussen just seem to lose those out the side of their hands... haha) The other great part is I was there for testimony meeting to see how this girls grew and strengthened themselves and each other. I will say these young women are amazing in who they are and what they have to offer each of us.
I would say that the girls were surprise to see that I was there, in that I hadn't told any of them I was coming to town. It was fun to hang out with them and see the Survivor Challenge. Where in my dad (as a bishop) got to take his turn in eating a cricket. (yeah right... him and bishop Rasmussen just seem to lose those out the side of their hands... haha) The other great part is I was there for testimony meeting to see how this girls grew and strengthened themselves and each other. I will say these young women are amazing in who they are and what they have to offer each of us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Our Family

Make your Stick Figure Family at FreeFlashToys.com![]()

No comments:
Post a Comment