Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not. -D&C 6:36
It is short and sweet, but wow... how powerful the word are. If we would just turn to our Heavenly Father in every aspect and part of our life we would have nothing to doubt or fear. He is there for us and if we would just have the desire, pray, trust, and courage (which the last two are the opposite of doubt and fear) our testimonies would grow and strengthen us. He is truly aware of us and what we are doing and what is in store for us. He wants us to succeed and return to Him. And I know it is hard and scary sometimes in this world with all that we have to face and the trials that we have. But I know that my testimony was strengthened this year as I attended Girls Camp and was reminded of this simple council.
This year there were changes made to camp that were truly wonderful... we had 3 youth camp directors that worked along side of the adult camp directors. These three youth are remarkable young women. They worked very hard and forged forward with plans and decisions that are usually left up to the adults. As they prayed and fasted and picked this years theme "...doubt not, fear not" (D&C 6:36), I know it was a spiritual experience for them, but I also know it was a theme that we all needed right now. As they worked with all of the other "senior staff" and the girls took over camp this year, we all had our question on how it would work and what the differences would be. But I feel that it was an inspired decision as I saw these girls step up and lead us and the rest of the campers. I saw these seniors testimonies grow as they learned to rely on their Heavenly Father through pray and fasting to make camp what it was. It was an amazing experience that I am so grateful I had the opportunity to attend and participate in.
Good Job girls... I am so proud of you and have learned much from you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Our Family

Make your Stick Figure Family at FreeFlashToys.com![]()
1 comment:
What a great scripture and one that I definitely needed to read at this very moment. Thanks for sharing your experience with us. I can't wait to have the opportunity to serve with Young Women some day. It was truly a piviotal point in my life. Thank you for your amazing attitude.
Post a Comment