CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Changes

This past month or so has been hard on our Young Women program.


Right after Stake Conference (were we lost our ward Primary pres. to the stake Primary program.) I lost my Mia Maid advisor, Katie. Katie and I got called to Young Womens together 3 years ago. She is the only one from our old YW board that was called to stay in YW's when I was called as President. Which was great considering that six days after I called a new presidency and board I left on a two week vacation. Poor Katie was the only one that had any idea what was going on in YW and had to help the new ladies navigate through there callings. Katie is someone I have known for a while, but have gotten to be good friends over the last few years. We have kids just a couple of weeks apart (twice), she was my buddy in Relief Society when we felt like we were the only young moms in there. Katie has also been my Visiting Teacher for the last 3 1/2 yrs. I love her dearly and am always amazed at how willingly she would take things on and help out, not just in YW but with me and my little ones. I know that the girls will miss her lots but we wish her the very best as Primary Pres. (and lucky me still has her as a VT :-) )


The other change that we had in YW was that our Laurel Advisor, Ashley, moved to the Mtn view ward. When I first called her to YW's I really didn't know who she was, or how old she was, (she was just a youngn' barely out of YW herself) but we became fast friends and had lots of fun with the girls. She brought lots of youthfulness and excitement with her. She always covered me in the Laurel class when I had more on my plate with the rest of the YW then I could cover. She was also pregnant with her son Madox at the same time as I was with Dallin, which made our calling really interesting when we had our sons just about 6 wks. apart. She is so creative and lively. We are going to miss her lots in our YW and in our ward.

The up side of any change is the new sisters that we have in our program. And when I say sisters I mean it in the literal sense. We have a set of the Farley sisters now serving in YW. They are AMAZING!! and what an experience it was spiritually as they were called. I do believe that there is a time for each of us to serve in different callings. As I struggled to get these callings filled the name of who I thought was a good fit kept getting turned down. There were names that were on my mind but I never thought that it would be the "right" person for who I wanted in there, but as I counseled with my bishop and I mentioned the name at the bottom of my list and the back of my mind we both instantly knew that it was right. I am so thankful for these wonderful sisters and all that they bring to our Young Women.

No comments:

Our Family

Thanks for Visiting