CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A Morning on the lake

(Memorial Day Weekend part 1)

We started out our weekend early Friday morning and drove down to Utah Lake to meet Corey's brother Darc and his wife Carrie (and little presley) for some fun on their new boat. (And WOW what a boat! the thing is AWESOME!! it is a Malibu Wakesetter.) We took the kids out for a ride and the girls just loved it. We got to see Uncle Darc in action as he wake boarded and then wake surfed. I had not seen wake surfing done before, but it was pretty cool. Darcy used a rope this time, but once you get the hang of it you don't use the rope. Even Ella got to take her turn at driving which she thought was great. We ended the morning with some lunch out at a mexican restraunt (that was pretty good, hadn't found one in UT yet and then when we do it was an hour from home.)



The girls out front with Presley and Aunt Carrie









The girls soaking wet after putting their hands over the side as we raced across the lake.





Darcy Wake Surfing for the first time



Ella getting a kiss after trying her hand at driving.

6 comments:

Dehmel's said...

My .02 is WOW they looked likethey had a ball. Corey looked pretty good behind the whel. Did he or you get out behind the boat? Glad you had a great time and thanks for the update. Love and miss you guys.

The Hanks Family said...

Heck no we didn't get out behind the boat...1) didn't take a swimsuit 2) didn't take a wet suit and 3) the water is CCCCOOOOOLLLLDDDD!!!!

Libby Clarke said...

What was the name of the restuarant. I thought for sure you had been to Los Amigos in Provo.
The boating looked fun.

Libby Clarke said...

I stand corrected. Stacy informed me the name of the restaurant is Los Hermanos not Los Amigos. I just got my friends confused for a while. Anyway, that is one of the restaurants that I always make sure I hit when I am in Provo.

Sapp Family said...

Love all the pictures and the new banner. Glad you guys had lots of fun.

Bird is the Word said...

YEAH! You better get a wetsuit and try it out! Our boat is an OLDER Malibu... tell them the boat is SWEET! ~ And Matt loves to wake surf... we need to get a board for it... I have yet to try it.... one day! ~ Just so you know if you were in Fresno you would WANT to be out in the water... even without a suit!!

Our Family

Thanks for Visiting