Wow what an experience. During Sat. morning session of general conference we had "Pancakes with the Prophet" a young women activity where we have a pancake breakfast while watching morning conference session. It is so fun to work with these girls and be able to experience some of these opportunity's with them.
It really was wonderful as it was our first opportunity to sustain the new Prophet, Thomas S. Monson, as well as all the Church Leaders. Even those of us who were watching on TV and not in Salt Lake were asked to stand and raise our hand and sustain President Monson and his two new councilors Pres. Eyring and Pres. Uchtdorf. It was very spiritual and moving to feel the Spirit testify of the rightness of their selection.
Elder D. Todd Christofferson was also called to the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles to fill the spot left by Elder Uchtdorf moving into the Presidency.
I loved how Pres. Monson concluded the Sunday session by promising to serve his church and God.
"I pledge my life, my strength--all that I have to offer--in serving him and in directing the affairs of his church in accordance with his will and by his inspiration."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Our Family

Make your Stick Figure Family at FreeFlashToys.com![]()
1 comment:
I'm thinking you should pass all your great activity ideas on to me :) Sounds like lots of fun.
Post a Comment