Bed Time Stall Tactics 101
MaCayela is always my little sweetie that keeps us in line. She is always reminding us of what we should be doing (especially if it will benefit her and what she wants).
A couple weeks ago we decided to do an activity for Family Home Evening. A few days later MaCayela was complaining to me as we were getting ready for bed (one of her stall tactics, find what mom has done wrong and complain to see if she will fix it before they have to go to bed)that we had skipped FHE on Monday. I reminded her that we had gone out for some family fun time that FHE. She then turned over in bed and told me that we are suppose to have lessons and that she didn't learn anything that night so it wasn't a real FHE, which she wanted to have right then and there so she could learn something about Jesus. I decided that since it was a spiritual stall tactic (the usual is if we read scriptures longer we would learn more about Jesus) that I would compromise with the girls and that we could sing some songs while in bed. They choose a few of there favorites and then asked if I would sing "Teach me to walk" and "I am a child of God" (2 of the normals). I sang teach me and then on I am a child of God they asked for 2 verses. I thought to shorten my time I would skip the chorus on the first verse and then sing it after the 2nd. Well as I skipped it and went into the 2nd verse Ella informed me that I wasn't singing it right, I forgot the Lead me, Guide me part. She then asked if I learned anything when I was a little girl in primary or if I needed her to teach me the right way to sing it. MaCayela then piped in that maybe they could teach us for FHE next time how to sing the songs right.
At least I know that they have good primary teachers and leaders guiding them and teaching them what is right. And that they can in turn teach us what is right.
Friday, April 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Our Family

Make your Stick Figure Family at FreeFlashToys.com![]()
1 comment:
How adorable. I swear, little kids always amaze me. They catch on to so much.
Post a Comment