CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 17, 2008

Caught Red Handed

... Handed!! what am I talking about, caught red bodied. I wish that I had thought fast enough and got a picture of it, but I am sure that most of you moms can use your imagination (or real life experiences) to formulate a picture.

Corey and I were trying to prepare dinner tonight and Dallin was just screaming in that high pitched squeal that only little kids can do. (I was really hoping that with a boy that it would be different or maybe even a lower pitch, but no such luck... that is not one of the differences between girls and boys.) So we put him in his high chair with some dry cereal to snack on and as Corey was making crystal light to drink he tossed Dallin one of the little containers to play with. We went along getting things done until I turned to put some stuff on the table... HoLy CRaP!!!! ***I know if things get to quiet there is something wrong, but when you get caught up in the moment of accomplishing something you forget how quiet it got.*** Dallin had poked a finger through that foil top (you know the kind that you as an adult have to get the steak knife out to get a hole in) of the red raspberry drink mix and dumped it everywhere. Then with the amount of drool that this kid produces between screaming, snacking and teething and the water that he can shake out of his "no spill" cup, he made a red paste out of it. He then took that paste and proceed to finger paint with it all over his high chair, face, hair, and body. Lovely...just lovely!!

So off I rush with the kid in tow to the bath tub (for the 4th bath in 2 days to clean up this little monster), trying not to let him touch anything along the way, including me. Wow... that stuff stains the body. He was like ELMO Dallin!! After getting him cleaned up it was like he had just a slight tint of color on his hands for the rest of the evening. And I now have a lovely red towel from cleaning up the powder mix off the high chair and floor. ~~ Good times & fun memories

1 comment:

hawkins said...

That is hilarious!!! That will be a funny story to tell for a long time.

Our Family

Thanks for Visiting