Corey has been faithful to the first phase of treatment and has now moved on to part 2. I took him to the hospital this morning to meet with the radiologist and receive his radiation. The meeting went well and we really liked the dr. she was great at explaining everything to us, and filling in the holes that some of the other drs. hadn't really gone over with us. When it was time for his radiation pill they excused me and had the pill brought in. Corey said it was kinda strange, they brought the pills in a lead "pig" (canister) that is about 1" or more thick all the way around. Corey said it was super heavy to just be carrying two pills. they then used this special tongs to grab the pills and put them in a little cup. They then push the cup toward Corey and all (there was 2 people in the room with him) get up and walk to the other side of the room. Corey was kinda funny when he was telling me about this all. He was saying to them "you want me to put this stuff in my body and you won't even stand around me with it here."
So I know have a radioactive husband that no one can be around. We keep telling the kids that when you are radioactive you glow in the dark and they really want to see if Corey is glowing. He is staying in our RV trailer that is parked at my parents house for the next 10 days. In about 4 days we (adults) can be about 10 feet from him, hopefully we can at least go sit on the patio and chitchat. As for now we have hooked up web cams for the kids to be able to see and talk to their dad.
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Our Family

Make your Stick Figure Family at FreeFlashToys.com![]()
7 comments:
Ana, I didn't know you could do the splits!! :-) I love those elfyourself videos. They never seem to get old for me. Sorry to hear about Corey...my mom went through the same exact thing. I hope that things start to pick up for you guys soon. You guys are troopers! By the way...did you really write this in October or are your dates off a litle? And yes, I am coming come for Christmas. Driving to California on the 23rd and I'll be there for about 6 days. What are y'all doing for Christmas??
WOW, check out those typos!!! But you can figure it out...you're a smart cookie! :-)
Anna, I am so sorry to hear about Corey. With Ashley wedding, Ballroom etc, I missed the news about the diagnosis. Until I read your blog closer. I haven't heard more than what you have posted. Our love and prayers go to you and your sweet family. I hope you had a good Christmas.
Thank you so much for getting that recipe for me. The sisters loved it.
Hang in there cute stuff.
I Love You
Hey girl get posting. Now that I am going to be the Grandma out of town you have to keep this up with lots of pics. of my munchkins.
Love you and will miss seeing you often.
Hey girl, just saw your note...where have you been? You dropped off the face of the earth! From your sisters Blog I gather you've moved, whats up?
Annaleesa (did I spell it right? It's been so long) I was Robert and Chantelle Haynie's blog and thought I would see if they had any people listed on there's that I knew from the ol' Peachwood ward and I found you guys! I'm so sorry about Corey. It sounds like it will be a rough couple of weeks.
Your family is beautiful.
I miss you guys! You were always so sweet. I will look forward to reading your blog in the future and will hope to find good news!
Love Always,
Lyn Burbidge
just stumbled across your blog accidentally (we live in rocklin)
I'll say a prayer for your family.
Post a Comment