Okay so I feel absolutely horrible. I am the worst mom ever.... Okay maybe not ever, but I feel pretty bad. Life seems crazy and I somewhere along the line lost my mind. Dallin has not been feeling well off and on lately and on top of all that he is teething. So, needless to say we have had our share of nasty noses, horrible coughs and constantly disgusting diapers . They say that it is an old wives tale that teething children get yucky diapers, but it is true with my kids. All three of them have been that way. Well on Sunday I changed Dallins diaper and got him ready for church and off we went. Dallin gets passed around quite a bit being that Corey is in the clerks office and I am in Young Womens, so he spends the third hour with the ladies in Relief Society. Which are just wonderful to help me out each week. After church I am on my own as Corey stays and does tithing and "clerk stuff", this week Corey made it home around 6:30pm. By the time Corey came home this Sunday I was like... here, you wanted a boy, here is your son. The kid was just fussy!! (which should've been my first clue, being that Dallin is usually my easy going mellow kid.) By 7:15 or so we decide to give up and get him ready for bed, I just couldn't take anymore fussing. As Corey undress Dallin to change him into pj's I hear him yelling at me from the bedroom to come help. The poor kid had had a yucky yucky diaper for quite some time, I mean like sense church, that had leaked out the sides and dried to his rear by this time. The poor kid had to go strait to the bath just to get his bum clean without him screaming as I tried to wipe.
Due to all this failure on his moms part, Dallin now has a bright red bum with sores from sitting in it. (hence the reason that there are no pictures as to why I am a bad mom.) And due to his teeth and cold he is always in need of a diaper change, which I am trying to change right away.
I feel so bad for the little guy and hope that I am not the only mom that forgets the little things like changing diapers.
Monday, January 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Our Family

Make your Stick Figure Family at FreeFlashToys.com![]()
2 comments:
I am so glad that I am not the only mom who has totally spaced that the baby may need a new diaper. Give lots of kisses, I am sure that it will make it better. Mom kisses make everything better. :)
yucky!! I bet he was not the happiest baby, oh well im sure he has already forgotten!! Love all the pictures!!
Post a Comment