CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 14, 2008

Vineyard time!!!

"...Always abounding in Good Works"

It was that time again... vineyard time. And since we are to be always abounding in good works I extended to my girls the option that they had to either work in the vineyard or babysit so someone else could be to the vineyard. It was formal night and so I had 4 girls that definitely didn't want to go to the vineyard and mess up their nail *eye roll* so they were all vying for babysitting jobs. I had planned on staying home due to sick kids all week, but one of my sweet laurels called Friday night and begged to babysit. So, I was off to the vineyard... and actually looking forward to the opportunity to serve.

This year there is quite a lot of work to do in the vineyard. We had to do some sort of grafting type work by planting a vine down into the ground and next to the post. We also had some post to replace all before we pruned and tied. But the weather was beautiful (not to cold, foggy or windy) and the company of our ward was great. Sometime we forget how good it feels to spend our time doing something for someone else with no gain for ourselves.

No comments:

Our Family

Thanks for Visiting