CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 31, 2007

We're dreaming of a white [day after] Christmas

About four weeks before Christmas MaCayela and I were watching the old movie White Christmas. MaC then turned to me and asked if I had ever had a white Christmas. While it has been some time, I remember as a kid having a least one Christmas at the cabin. I got a blue record player and either that year or another time roller skates, and pj's from grandma Lue. (boy things haven't changed much... most of the greatgrandkids got pj's this year from grandma lulu.) As I told MaCayela about these memories she begged for us to go to the cabin for Christmas. As I didn't really want to have to deal with the whole Christmas and Santa thing up there we decide that since Corey had the week off we would go up the day after Christmas and stay through the weekend. So we booked it with Grandma and we were set for some fun family time.

We didn't make it out on the day after Christmas... Surprise Surprise right ;) But we got out of the house by 9am on Thursday and decide to find people to cover our church responsibilities and we would just stay through Sunday night or Monday morning. As usual for any out of town trip it seems that we grossly over packed but we were off for the mountains.


When we first got to the cabin the outside temp. was 30 degrees and the inside temp was 30 degrees. with the main source of heat being the fireplaces, we (the kids and I) left Corey there to start fires and open up the cabin as we headed back into town. I took the kids out for pizza and hit the hardware store for somethings on Corey's list for the cabin. We then decided that we hadn't been gone long enough for it to warm up so we went down the hill to Sonora to go to Walmart. YEA!!! Now we have even more things than what we packed and if you remember we were already over packed to start. By the time we got back it had started to warm up... 53 degrees now so we unpacked and got ready 'cause everyone was talking about the snow we would be getting over the next 3 days.



YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! It snowed!!!!!!!!! .... that is what I woke up to at 7:30am from two little girls running around in circles after being up from 3am to 6:15 with Dallin and just getting back to sleep. Mom are you so excited!?! they asked as I got up. How do you tell them ... No I am not excited! It is just snow and only 28 degrees outside, I just want to go back to sleep. Just like this.... Why yes I am, and I can't wait to go out and build a snowman with you. Well Corey and the girls went out and started the fun after breakfast and as much dawdling as we could get away with, while I got down for his morning nap. They remind me of colored Michelin men with all the layers that they had on.Joining them for a snowball fight and fun was just wonderful. (Gotta love those baby monitors.) The girls sliding down the driveway brought back memories of many winters of doing the exact same as a child. As the girls come in cold and exhausted (just the way mom likes them before nap time.) they enjoyed warming up and playing inside.

Being that it warmed up the next day and melted most of all the snow away. We spent the rest of the time inside playing games, pinball and pool. MaCayela was so excited she got 22,990 on the pinball all by herself. What a way to spend family time all together having fun and making memories.

Karyn, Wyatt and their kids along with their friends the Maguires came up Sat. night. The girls had a blast having their cousins and friends around to play with. (I guess mom and dad are only fun when there are no other options.) We then got up Sunday morning to another beautiful sunny, but cold morning and packed up to come home early.



We thank Grandma and Grandpa for the use of the cabin, and for the opportunity to build memories with our kids that will last a lifetime.

No comments:

Our Family

Thanks for Visiting