We got our tree up that weekend and then spent FHE decorating it. Which was quite an experience this year. As I am pulling down the boxes of decorations and ornaments... OK.. as I am pointing at which boxes I want Corey to pull down, he reminds me that the kids are very excited and I need to have Patience with them during this whole decorating thing. I laugh and say who me?. I don't care how they decorate the tree or windows as long as I get to put up the nativity and garland and other little things. SO, we proceed with bring the boxes in and as soon as I set them down the kids start pulling everything out and trying to unwrap all the tissue wrapped items. OH NOOO here goes mom....... JK! Corey and I got a system set up so that I could carefully open the ornaments and then the could chose which ones they wanted to hang and where. Sounds good, right.... Oh Yea we are working with a 3 and 5 year old. All we heard was... She choose mine! She's done more than me! That's where I want to hang mine! So, the system was modified to them being handed an ornament and then waiting until one was done.
We finished the tree with Ella getting her first try at putting the star on top with dad's help then stepped back to look at the wonderful job that they did. Wow what a job it was, within about seven branches we had the bulk of all our ornaments, pine cones, garland and holly berry's that the kids had put on. At this time it was off to bed with the little ones and moms turn to redecorate the tree. Which has had a few redecoration's each day by my own personal interior decorators.

No comments:
Post a Comment