CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

First time Fishing...

On the last day of the Chappell reunion we decided to take the kids fishing up at the lake with Uncle Kerry and Michele. I was really looking forward to it until we got in the truck and started driving... the lake was only up the road maybe 10mins, but it was a winedy 10 mins, and then turned in to a 10-15 min windey, bumpy, dirt road. Which would normally be great fun in the truck, but this poor pregnant mama had not been feeling well all night, and then to add the drive... I spent the first part of the fishing trip just sitting on a rock not moving at all. But that didn't get to last long, before the boys had even got all the kids set up and poles casted MaCayela had caught a fish and was jumping around. (which meant mom had to get up and get on with the camera... That I did remember to bring. YEA for mom!)


MaCayela with Uncle Kerry with the first catch of the morning... She would not touch that thing for NOTHING!!!


Ella was so excited to catch her first fish and had no problem holding it.


Dallin went and picked up one of the poles that were just leaning against a rock and then started to struggle as he reeled it in... None of us knowing he had a fish on the other end that he was playing with.


Dallin and Daddy with the fish he reeled in.


MaCayela and Uncle Kerry waiting for the next fish to bite. Michelle on the side there.


Dallin's favorite part of fishing was just reeling in the line that we would cast out.


We finally talked Mac into holding one of the fish telling her it was just wet, not slimy and gross. Well if you click on the picture you can see that there is slim just hanging from the fish. Needless to say, she didn't believe Kerry or I about fish anymore.


I also caught myself a fish, but between the pregnancy and the smell and texture, I was not happy about having to touch it myself this time. (usually doesn't bother me) But how do you tell your kids that you just made hold there own fish that you aren't touching yours.


Ella just looked so cute there with her pole and waiting.


"You should see the one that got away... It was this big mom"

Ella, MaC and Dallin with just some of the fist that we caught. We let A LOT of them go.

2 comments:

Sapp Family said...

Love the pictures, especially the last one!

Bird is the Word said...

CUTE! I love that you had to talk MaC in to holding the fish and Ella was ALL over it! I love Dallin clapping in the last picture too! MISS YOU! ~ Glad you are feeling ok Mrs. Pregers! ~

Our Family

Thanks for Visiting