First and foremost... Aunt Marleen, we love you and Uncle LaMont so much. The kids only know Uncle Mont and Aunt Marleen from a few family reunions but have heard TONS of bedtime stories from their dad of him growing up and having fun fishing and camping with Mont and Marleen. This past December Uncle Mont passed away during the prime of his life, and the girls attended the services with their dad.
While traveling some this month we had lots of time in the car to talk. We talked about all that was going on, and some of the things that we wanted to do this summer as it warms up. This was Ella's conversation with me...
Ella: when it gets warmer I want to go camping and fishing more.
me: okay sweetie, that sounds like fun honey.
Ella: Can we go fishing with Aunt mar and uncle mont, like when daddy use to.
Me: Honey, that sounds like fun and I can see if aunt mar wants to go, but remember Uncle mont passed away and you went to the funeral with daddy.
Ella: I know mom, but it has been 3 days now and he already went to heaven to see Heavenly Father, so shouldn't he be alive again so we can go fishing.
I had to smile to myself and think how thankful I am for sweet Ella and the primary teachers that she has had. Sometimes they might not get it all correct, but I know that she is listening and learning the gospel.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Our Family

Make your Stick Figure Family at FreeFlashToys.com![]()
2 comments:
Oh How I love Ella Bella!! That is sweet! Hailey usually wants me to draw a Mickey Mouse or a Princess for her to color, the other day she asked for Jesus... go figure!:)
OH how sweet! That must be so nice as a parent to see your children learn and grow!
Post a Comment